Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I was caught today in Walmart by two undercover agent who

Customer Question

Hi. I was caught today in Walmart by two undercover agent who I'm not sure if they were cops or not. It's my second time shoplifting but firs time being caught. They just ask me to empty my purse in a room at the end of walmart and i started crying and I told them that I don't need to do this but it's like a disease. He asked me how many times I did it and I said two. They didn't call cops and they just told me I'm not allowed to enter Walmart for a year. I asked them if it's gonna be a record for me and thy said no. I signed a paper and admit not to go there for a year. They asked me if I had an id an I gave it to them.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Now I wanna know are they gonna share my information to the police department and as I'm still a permanent resident is it gonna influence my citizenship?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: Thank you.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.
They are not going to share your information with the police. So long as you don't enter their store again you will not be charged. If you do enter the store again they will have you charged with trespass. Does that answer your question?