Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

My daughter filed a human rights complaint but prior to her

Customer Question

My daughter filed a human rights complaint but prior to her doing so I phoned an alberta health complaint number and asked a few questions etc. My daughter did not ask for me to phone on her behalf I was inquiring about accommodations for the deaf and hard of hearing. Now the lawyer representing alberta health enclosed my conversation that I had with alberta health in her answer to my daughter's human rights case. I did give my name when I phoned I did not say where I lived my age my phone number and other personal information which is now on public record and attached to the lawyers response to my daughter's human rights case she filed. The information about me was taken from alberta health records as there is even a section title patient. My daughter filed discrimination I did no
. She did not mention me when she filed.
However now my age phone number birth date addresses and other info has been attached and incorporated into alberta health lawyers reply. All this personal information except my name alberta health took from my personal medical records. Sorry long winded. I live in edmonton and yes if this is an infringement of my privacy I need to see a lawyer.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 5 months ago.
When you first spoke to the person on the phone were you told that there was nothing confidential about your call? Was confidential information about you released?