Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I work in a pharmacy were my boss can tend to be verbally abusive.

Customer Question

I work in a pharmacy were my boss can tend to be verbally abusive. He now wants us to sign a confidential agreement. I understand that he wants to keep patient info safe but does this agreement sign off any rights i have about his verbal abuse? In one section of agreement is says (such information as the employer may from time to time designate as being confidential to him) does this give him the right to say and do as he pleases and i have to be quiet about it if i have to leave? I have been there for 17 years.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.
No this agreement does not preclude you from discussing his treatment of you at all.It is about confidential information that you acquire during the course of your employment. Let me know if you need any further clarification.
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.
No this agreement does not preclude you from discussing his treatment of you at all.It is about confidential information that you acquire during the course of your employment. Let me know if you need any further clarification. If you do then just ask and we can continue discussing this if you are still concerned.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What about if he has done anything illegal. Does this mean i have keep my mouth shut about it?
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.
No it doesn't. That is not confidential information either.