Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I have been to court many times in Fort McMurray fighting for

Customer Question

I have been to court many times in Fort McMurray fighting for my children. My lawyers were out smarted by his lawyer and I ran out of money, forcing me to leave Fort McMurray as I could not afford to stay there so he took me to court for full custody and won yet again. I am supposed to see them every 2nd weekend but that only happens when he feels like it I have not seen them in 4 months now with the recent fire in Fort McMurray I have asked for the children as the have a home here with me that has been set up for the odd time I get them. He as per usually is not giving them to me he would rather keep them in a camp then let me have them. I left him 8 years ago and this is still going on. I don't have the money to go back to court and I have lost every time, I have gone through 4 lawyers they all say this is not right and that they will fix it but we get a different judge every time so they get manipulated by his lawyer and the lies every time.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.
I am terribly sorry to hear this. You can bring an application on an emergency basis to the court to get the children to live with you until their father is back into a home that is appropriate for them. As well you can seek to make the access order police enforceable so that you can have the police assist you the next time he denies access. You can self-represent and get some help for free here:https://albertacourts.ca/resolution-and-court-administration-serv/family-justice-services/family-law-information I hope that helps as a starting point.