Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I was informed, i was dismissed, from a live in care giver

Customer Question

I was informed, i was dismissed, from a live in care giver position I took and started Feb 1 2016, on May 1 at 18:00. It was a verbal statement to be out of the house by 12:00 noon next day. We just returned from a cruise I joined the couple I work for on Apr.29th. Just cause and personal differences where stated on paperform dismissal, e mailed May2nd..though dated April 30th. I worked many hours overtime while employed...without a written contract...turns out even without overtime pay given, I worked for under minimum wage. I am a Landed immigrant...though at aloss where I stand legally..code m was on dismissal... they emailed 1 week severance pay..I did not cash or act on anything yet... just stunted.
JA: Real Estate issues can be tricky and expensive. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Really Real estate?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: that his automated ...or real 'reader' should please respond to the issue at hand
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 7 months ago.
Please do not be concerned about the automatic response you got. Of course you do not need a real estate lawyer. You need someone who knows employment law and I do.Are you saying that you are receiving one weeks termination pay?Are you also saying that you believe they are owed more money because they did not pay you minimum wage or overtime pay?What province are you in please?