Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I was working client the last two years but didn't realize

Customer Question

I was working for a client the last two years but didn't realize that his daughter-in-law, who does the payrow, wasn't paying me for 10 extra hours that I work a week .Is there any way I can get the monies I'am owed
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 7 months ago.
Are they refusing to pay this to you now?Are you still working for this employer?What province is this please?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes they are or rather they will not respond when I call them . No I am not working for them now and they gave me no notice or pay instead of notice. This is Newfoundland Canada
I'm sorry to hear this.I suggest that what you do is send them a letter by registered mail. In the letter set out the facts. Give them a very short deadline for paying you in full and tell them if they fail to comply you will commence legal proceedings. You can then sue them in small claims court and self-represent. You will be able to claim the money that you are owed, interest and your costs. If it gets that far and you find you need some help as you go through the process you can always post on the site again and I can assist you further.