Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I sold a business through an Asset Purchase Agreement

Customer Question

I sold a business through an Asset Purchase Agreement last year. I had the worst experience of my life! I started the business 13 years ago and built the Facebook Page for the business to over 20,000 likes and it was an Asset in the Asset Purchase Agreement. I have another business which is my only source of income for 27 years and I have a Facebook page for that business that now has 20,000 like which takes a considerable amount of money to boost and run ads to get that many likes for a commercial event.
The buyer wanted access to the Facebook account and I changed her to being the administrator and asked her to change everything over to her email, credit card and all other business information. Apparently the two businesses are somehow linked together. It is impossible to contact Facebook by phone or email.
The purchasers did not change everything to their accounts and placed ads and boosts on Facebook and accepted on the Facebook billing page to my personal credit card.
I had the purchaser threaten to sue me. I gave them everything including the Facebook page.
The purchased my trademarks as included in the Asset Purchase Agreement. My lawyer in Canada and my intellectual property lawyer in the U.S. told me that they had to facilitate the transfer. They are saying that they would sue me because they were unable to go after the trademark infringers because I did not help them transfer the trademark. Could you please advise?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.
Do you still need legal information? If so, we cannot give advice but we can only answer specific legal questions. Please explain what information you would like from me.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

If it is virtually impossible to seperate the Facebook page from my account and the Facebook page for my business was included in the Asset Purchaser Agreement. What can I do?

It took over 7 days for your first response. Can you answer my question quicker?

Thanks

I never make customers wait when I take a question. I didn't decide to take our question until yesterday as the facts are very complicated and unclear to me and I assume to all the other lawyers on this site.Please explain what you want to see happen, exactly and I will try and figure out how you can achieve this.