Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My boyfriend is being sued ,000 $ from his exgirlfriend

Customer Question

my boyfriend is being sued for 15,000 $ from his exgirlfriend saying he has given her herpes 1, I am his new girlfriend and have been tested and I am negative. what can we do with this?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no not yet but it is a small claims, so therefore no lawyer. She must need to have very good proof!
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: My boyfriend will be tested shortly, and we both believe it is a revenge
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 7 months ago.
What province are you in please? Are you saying that he was served with the claim? If so did he put in a statement of defence yet?