Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I am wondering if it is legal to install surveillance camera's/microphone

Customer Question

I am wondering if it is legal to install surveillance camera's/microphone inside my house? What if my husband decided to install them?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.
Are you saying that this was done without your consent? Was it also done without your knowledge?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
that is correct. Please respond to my other email: ***@******.*** as I believe someone also has access to my email and deleted the response to my initial question..
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 5 months ago.

I can only respond by posting on this site through this post. I cannot reply to your email.

It is illegal for your husband to audio record you unless he is party to the conversation or another party to the conversation consents. It is illegal for him to video record you without your knowledge.

Let me know if you have follow-up questions.