Daniel Freudman, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
70961067

Is it illegal to pay an escort to come to your house and have sex in ontario? Curious

Customer Question

Is it illegal to pay an escort to come to your house and have sex in ontario?
Curious
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you bring an escort into your home in ontario?
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 7 months ago.
The answer depends on how the escort was first solicited. In Canada, it is illegal to operate a brothel (i.e. prostitution house) or be in a brothel for the purposes of engaging in such activities. It is also illegal communicating for the purposes of soliciting sexual services in a public place (including a car), meaning if you drive by a prostitute and start trying to arrange a 'deal' while parked along the side of the street, that would be illegal. However, being a prostitute or escort (i.e. working as an independent sex worker) is legal, as is private communication for such purposes. So, if you contact the escort by telephone, internet, e-mail, etc., to have them come to your house for sex, there should be no issue. However, if you're in public trying to solicit them to come to your house for sex then you could be charged criminally.Hopefully that clarifies things.
Hopefully my answer was of assistance. Would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive compensation for my services. Thank you.
Sorry to bother you but would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive compensation for my services. Thank you