How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 97498
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My common law husband had a heart attack Thursday and

Customer Question

Hi.My common law husband had a heart attack Thursday and come back today from the hospital, after medical intervention. He should recover, but his son come with him and provokes and threatens me. (This is very old story, I don’t know whether you have access to my previous question in this regards)
Now, they are both against me - I can see this is a tactic to make me accept his son in the apartment now. The problem is the son is insulting me, calls me bad names, tells me I am not a good wife for him, etc., etc., the son is making decision in the name of my husband to leave me as I am not good for him (but this never happens). My husband remains silent and this is not the first time that he is taking side of his son that way.
I don't want to cause my husband further health problem, but I still can't accept the son under the same roof. My husband now is declaring he needs him as long as he is recovering (physically he is OK, we just mustn’t leave him alone in the apartment, just in case), but this is only an excuse to force me to accept his 23 years old lazy son in the apartment. Instead of providing a healthy atmosphere for recovering, the atmosphere turning to be bad.
This aggression makes me stressed, and very sad as I didn’t do anything to make it happen. My only “mistake” is not willing the son, who is taking advantage all this years of his father (I can’t stop this) to come and interfere much more with my life.
I wonder, can you not only give the advice but do the service for me, or I have to go to the Lawyer or some other place to prevent the son coming in the apartment during my presence? Moving in is completely out of question!
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Lorens35 replied 10 months ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.
Is your husband willing to set any limits on his son's visits?
Expert:  Lorens35 replied 10 months ago.
I just noticed this is a Canadian law question posted in a US law category. I will need to opt out as I am not a Canadian lawyer.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what happened?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 10 months ago.
What happened is that you did post another question and I've now found it because for some reason it ended up on the US law list. I can now assist you because it is on the correct list.I cannot assist you in the sense that I cannot be your lawyer but I can suggest how you might be able to get some assistance. Will that help? Can you remind me what province you live in please?