Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I was issued an Emergency Protection Order from my live in

Customer Question

I was issued an Emergency Protection Order from my live in room mate/girlfriend. She had stole my bank cards and accessed my accounts an stoled money and also stoled my cell phone at the time.
When she came home she returned said items and at that time I asked her to leave.
Days later the RCMP came to my residence with an EPO for her to access her room to obtain some of her items. (although if she had just called I would have certainly let her in for that purpose).
I have no problem being issued an EPO, it she hadn't I would have completed one myself. There is no violence between us and has never been; but theft is the last straw for me.
My question is do I need to appear in court to answer this, if I agree with it?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 7 months ago.
No you do not need at attend court unless you were summoned to do so. Then you must or a warrant will be issued for your arrest.