Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Tom, My sister has just found out her business partner

Customer Question

HI Tom, My sister has just found out her business partner did not pay a HST bill from 2014. Due to unsafe circumstances with my sister left the country for a year and has relocated on the other side of the country. She has come back to a horrible mess as her business partner even went to her house and removed personal property and sold all the business assets and left the city as well. My sister has come home to thousands of dollars owing to CRA when the bills were supposed to be paid and they were discussed and agreed upon to be paid and that is why my sister left when she did—thinking everything was in order for her to leave. She is dealing with CRA but we have assumed the other partner will not be helping to pay any other of these outstanding bills what do you recommend. Yes, it's a mess!
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 7 months ago.
Tom has not been on this site for a long time. Would you like for me to go ahead?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes, we would like to continue. However, can you please give me your name and do I have the option to "verify"?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello?
My name is***** on this site. You can check my profile here: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legal-ease/The site has verified me but there is no way for you to do so.Let me know if I should still go ahead.