Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My wife's employer sent her to take a course at Sheridan College

Customer Question

My wife's employer sent her to take a course at Sheridan College in October, she passed the course and in turn her employer was to pay Sheridan directly for the course. She has just received a call from a collection agency stating that the course is still not paid for, of course this has now effected her credit history. As of today her employer has paid the $500.00 for the course, however they will not contact the collection agency, or Sheridan College in an attempt to have this removed from her credit history.
Not sure if we have any legal standing here but it doesn't seem fair her credit is now damaged due to their delinquency in payment.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.
I'm sorry for this unfortunate incident.Has your wife tried calling Sheridan and/or the collection agency herself?