Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I have court today in alberta bc, and i missed my flight last

Customer Question

I have court today in alberta bc, and i missed my flight last night im from bc.. i was wondering if i can call a lawyer and get.them to go in for me & ask for a different court date.
Submitted: 6 months ago via Cornell Legal Info Institute.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.
I tried answering on the other post but the question is a bit different here so please review both answers. Yes you can retain a lawyer and have the lawyer attend for you and explain what happened.The lawyer will be able to get an adjournment based on this information.But it is not going to be easy to find a lawyer at the last minute. You can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25.The number is(###) ###-####or 1.***-***-****.