Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I want to file a case against 03 employees of a known grocery

Customer Question

I want to file a case against 03 employees of a known grocery store. I was doing my groceries then I needed to use the washroom. I asked a total of 04 times 02 employees however no one was able to help me. I really needed to go so I went to the back to ask a staff if there was another washroom but still no one was able to help me. I looked for an alternative but it was too late so I had to go at the back. I offered to clean it and apologized but instead of helping me 02 of the staff lectured me of why I did it. kept on going on and on asking me why. one even made a comment that "are you a 02 year old?One indian lady that was on her way home even asked me how long have I stayed in Canada and don't I know what is right from wrong?! One staff who was helpful and understood what the situation I was in even apologized to me in behalf of his colleagues because he knew his co workers were out of line.
I am ashamed of what happened but I really tried my best to avoid this. However, I really felt that the 03 employees of this store should not be working in a position that has to deal with customers. They made me feel I was worthless and one even compared me to a 02 year old.
Can you please give me advise what case I should file against these 03 individuals?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry this happened to you but are you asking about whether you can sue the employees of the store because they didn't help you find the washroom?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes, I want to sue the 03 employees for "adding insult to injury". I apologized, offered to help, but instead they chose to lecture me and insulted me. Which I do not think is right. Why would you do that to a customer who needed help?
They should not have done that and it would make good sense to file a complaint with the owner of the store. But from a legal point of view you cannot sue the employees. You can only sue the store. And while what happened there is nothing you can sue for as it is not unlawful for them to be disgusting and mean.So while they made you feel terrible you cannot sue them successfully in court. But you can complain to the store and perhaps they will be dismissed. I am sorry this is not the answer you were hoping for.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Filling against the store did not even cross my mind as it was about the 03 employees' attitude that was unacceptable.I shall file a formal complaint to the store and go from there.If I feel that no action was taken by management of that store about these employees should just let this go ? No other options?
It is not grounds for a lawsuit.But complaining makes a lot of sense. You deserve an apology.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for clarifying things.
You are very welcome. If we are done please rate me so that I can receive credit for my work. Thanks and take good care.