Daniel Freudman, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
70961067

I had my licence suspended days in BC but I live in

Customer Question

I had my licence suspended for 90 days in BC but I live in alberta does this mean I can't drive in alberta too
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Ok and no I have not
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: I have not spoke to a lawyer
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: It was suspended for 90 days for drinking and driving
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 11 months ago.
Yes, due to reciprocity, if your license is suspended in one province you cannot drive or apply for another driver's license in another province.For example, see https://www.transportation.alberta.ca/2556.htm . Even though this pertains to getting a new license, the same reciprocity also means that license suspensions in one province in Canada apply throughout the country.
Hopefully my answer was of assistance. Would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive compensation for my services. Thank you.
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 10 months ago.
Sorry to bother you but would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive compensation for my services. Thank you very much.