Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I am writing on behalf of my son, James Bizon, who is out of

Customer Question

I am writing on behalf of my son, James Bizon, who is out of the country right now. He is wanting to get divorced. His wife and he have been separated for about six years and legally separated for about 3 or 4 months. His wife and he agreed that my son would pay for the process and she would submit the forms to the court, as he is not in the country. However, 2 months have passed and she is still yet to do so, so he is wanting to go ahead and do this on his own as quickly as possible, as his current partner and he would like to get married.
His ex wife lives in Vancouver.
I'm just wondering what he needs in order to do this. Can I help in anyway, eg. getting files to court in BC or anything else. I live in St. Albert, Alberta. My son is out of the country for some time.
Thank you
Terry O'Donnell (###) ###-####,***@******.***
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 7 months ago.
We they planning to file jointly?If so did he sign the forms?Are you positive she has not done anything with the court at all in terms of filing papers?