Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

I took my boat into a repair dealership to have some work done,

Customer Question

I took my boat into a repair dealership to have some work done, in addition to my large outboard motor that is the main motor there was also attached to transom of the boat I had 5 horse power small motor commonly call a kicker which was also attached to the boats transom clamps and a lock.
While in the dealers passion the motor was stolen from their compound. The dealership said that they would not replace the motor because they had applied due diligence in securing the boat. They stated that I would have to go to my insurance company pay the $1000.00 deductible to get the motor replaced then deal with them to get my deductible back. What can be done?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry to hear this.How much will it cost you to replace the motor?