Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My husbands truck is being repossessed. I am wondering what

Customer Question

my husbands truck is being repossessed. I am wondering what will be owing afterward. The lender said the balance the is overdue plus legal fees
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no, I just need a quick answer. I know we can't keep the truck, can't afford the payments with the decline in the oil field
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: we have another truck that is in arrears but we are working something out with them. We own our home and just renewewd the lease
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 10 months ago.
It depends on your province. What province is this please?Is this a lease or a purchase?Do you know if this is a conditional sales contract?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Alberta. Bank loan through the dealer. Don't know what a conditional sale is
Can you check the loan agreement? It is vital that I know this information as the answer depends on it.I can wait until you find it so please try to do that.