Daniel Freudman, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
70961067

My employment was terminated without cause without prejudice.

Customer Question

my employment was terminated without cause without prejudice. No reason given. My manager and i disagreed on many things.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: My manager gave me one Performance Improvement Plan do work on. In one month i was to Establish minimum of 2 milestones which i did. I believe this was their start of getting rid of me. My manager I did not get along. He also had a serious drinking problem. He drank while working with me and the other sales people while working with clients
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: The company was not happy with my sales being on the low side. The previous year i made my sales number. This was only discussed over the phone or in person. Never was given a written notice.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 7 months ago.
If your employment was termination without just cause, then (depending on the province in which you work and for how long you worked there) you would be entitled to either a few weeks termination notice, or payment in lieu of notice (i.e. if you weren't given any prior notice of termination, then they must pay you for that notice time that they should've but didn't give you). You may also be entitled to severance pay depending on the specific job and employer.If you feel that the termination was unjust and without notice or pay in lieu thereof, then it may be wise to consult an employment lawyer to file a wrongful dismissal claim against your employer to seek payment of the money you should ostensibly be entitled to.Hopefully that is of assistance.
Hopefully my answer was of assistance. Would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive compensation for my services. Thank you.