Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I will contact you tomorrow - renewed my membership but I was

Customer Question

I will contact you tomorrow - renewed my membership but I was told I would have to wait 24 hors.
JA: OK. The Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I have paid my membership just waiting so I don't pay twice.
JA: No, you can ask a one off question to try things out.
Customer: My father passed away and my sister and I are both executors on the will. The lawyer that did the will seems to think he is handling the estate and is speaking down to me in an email - I have not even met with the man yet. Can I just get my own lawyer to do the probate application for the estate? Any suggestions?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Estate Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: My sister removed all bank books, ownerships of vehicles, my name went on the death certificate. How is the probate application certificate granted.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Estate Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 7 months ago.
You can retain any lawyer you want. The lawyer was not appointed as an executor so has no right to do a thing unless the executors hire the lawyer to do the legal work.