Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My name is ***** ***** have queries rwgarding theft under $5000

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I wascharges for theft under $5000 due my stupidity the assigned probation officer who asked me to donation. I did and i recievd mail that charges will be withdrawn in may I want to know after they withdrawn xharges where can apply to request to destroy my finger prints and all. Police station?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $39 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for requesting me. Once the charges are withdrawn you can contact your local police services office and they will assist you in getting the form and process started.This is not complicated as you have the right to have them destroyed. But you need to wait a bit of time to make sure that the charges are withdrawn and the system is updated.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
After i request my finger print destruction and all can i apply for police check for permanent residence?
Yes for sure. There was no conviction and no finding of guilt so that incident, fortunately, will not come up again unless you do this again which I assume you most assuredly will not. If you do then the police report of what happened now will come back to haunt you. But otherwise you can completely put this behind you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
So there should be no issue in getting my pr and US tourist visa?
None at all. The charges will be withdrawn and that is that.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How long it take if for getting rid of my finger prints and all if my charges are withdrawn on may 8 and i apply for it after a week ?
I don't know because it depends on where you live and how busy they are but I would think it could take about 6 weeks or so.