Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I put a $5600 depost on a Trailer that was bring built and

Customer Question

I put a $5600 depost on a Trailer that was bring built and when i got there the trailer had lots of issue like the colour, window in the back was not right, I payer to install two latches they put six, the over all finishing was terrible ,they were suppost to install a window in the door and it was not there, lots of in perfection, how can I get my refund?
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We financed with a leasing company that released the money so they could do the trailer. We sign with the leasing company and now we have payments and know trailer. This trailer in question is a concession trailer and all our equipement is bought. We have found another one but we need to close this lease!!!!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(###) ###-####
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.
I am not sure of the facts just yet.Are you saying you simply did not get what you asked for?And if so have you told the dealer this?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes and one of the owners signed a full refund on the paper and signed it but they still said they don't have to pay.
Then you will have to sue them unfortunately. The fact that the owner sign the paper agreeing to pay you the refund is extremely good for you. First, that means there was a binding agreement that you would get a full refund. Second, it pretty well means there is an admission on the part of that owner that you are correct in your position. I suggest that you send them a letter by Registered Mail. In the letter set out the facts. Give them a deadline for providing the refund. Tell them if they fail to comply you will commence legal proceedings and then will be seeking interest and your costs. You can sue them for up to $25,000 in Small Claims Court and self-represent. If it gets that far and you find you need some help as you go through the process you can always post on this site again and I can assist you further.