Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

J'ai un colis a l'aeroport de Toronto qui doit être livré par

Customer Question

J'ai un colis a l'aeroport de Toronto qui doit être livré par un courtier mais il m'informe que je dois payer 22 000 dollars pour procurer une certification de laSuisse disant que ce colis contenant de l'argent Americain est légitime . Est-ce vraiment un fait ?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.
Are you able to post in English. I translated your post and can help you but only in English.There is one expert who can speak in French but he's not been on the site for many months or I would have left this for him.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There's no problem . I have a parcel at Toronto airport which contains money sent to me by my partner .An agent is in charge of delivering the parcel We paid the duty at Canadian customs .But when they scanned the parcel they saw there was American money .A large sum and advised us that we had to get a release paper from Switzerland . I do not have that sum of money to give and I am questioning whether this is a legal procedure
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My partner works on an oil rig off the UK and this is part of the payment for his work there
This is not a legal procedure. It sounds like a scam. What you are being told makes no sense at all and doesn't add up. You have to declare if you bring in more than $10,000 in cash but there is no duty to pay at all. I believe you are the victim of a scam. Do you know your partner or did you just connect online?
I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. In Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client. I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.