Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

An ex was arrested in my door and now on an undertaking.

Customer Question

An ex was arrested for kicking in my door and now on an undertaking. If I post her picture and say she was arrested Dec 30, and to please call police if she is seen on my property. Would that be liebel?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We co-owned a dog that she never paid a cent for and wanted the dog to get at me. She lived with me for seven years but I slept downstairs with the dog. Non-sexual, non-dating relationship
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $39 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok done with PayPal. Is there n answer?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for requesting me. That is not libel if you are telling the truth. Libel and slander are types of defamation and for there to be defamation you have to tell a lie and hold it out as being the truth. So as long as you are telling the complete truth it is not libel. Let me know if you need any further clarification.