Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

In Ontario is it possible to legally disown a child (age

Customer Question

Hi, in Ontario is it possible to legally disown a child (age 7)?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My ex-husband has initiated court proceedings in Ontario to get sole custody and more child support. I am living in HK. We have a court date for Apr 21 and I am exploring what my option are. I don't have a lawyer representing me
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $39 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.
No that is not possible. Regardless of your relationship with your child you are financially responsible for your child. And the law is clear that you have to pay child support no matter what you want to do in terms of the child.I am sorry you are in this difficult situation.