Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I have been charged with slapping my husband in public i spent

Customer Question

i have been charged with slapping my husband in public i spent a night in jail and we were both drinking at the time , i have to appear before a judge on may 4 th in perth county and also on may 18 .
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: i applied for legal aid but cannot see a lawyer before april 27
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: yes i,ve been with my husband for five years and its been an verbial abuse for most of that time my husband is an acholic and drug user and and very controlling
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 7 months ago.
What exactly is your question?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i,ve been in a very abusive relationship for five years with my husban i,m 65 y/o female . i slapped him in a parking lot of a motel and got charged .. i have to go to court in perth on may 4 th for first appearance and again on may 18th as well i,m 10 years his senior and i,m in ill health .. i have an undertakeing fr the police in perth county to not to speak or have contact with him ,, i,m am not in my home at this time as of this problem .we live in oshawa ont and my home is a two apt house which one is vacant . he is in the process of packing all my belongings togather am i,m not there to see what hes all packing or throwing away i,m at a loss as to what rights i have or wether i am able to even live in my house or at least move into the vacant apt which i,m patr owner of can you give me any advise at all as to what rights i have this was a one time only offence
if you can call me i can explane more as i do have a hard time typeing my phone 1(###) ###-#### if at all possible thankyou neava a brewer
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If you accept the service I offered, or Request a Phone Call, then we can discuss your case.