Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

So with this whole car issue, i have sent a demand

Customer Question

hello,
so with this whole car issue, i have sent a demand letter and have nit heard a response so what is the next step i can take i am finding out she owes a ton of money to past landlords and 8,000 to a lady who sold horses to her. we are all concenred she is going to file for bankruptcy so she doesnt owe any one a dime. could you please give me some insight on what i can do next after the demand letter?
thank you,
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 7 months ago.
You would start a lawsuit. If she declares bankruptcy there is nothing you can do about it but suing quickly would make sense in case she does not. If she declares bankruptcy then the lawsuit is stayed unfortunately. That means it is done. But it costs money to declare bankruptcy and she would lose the horses and car etc so she may not do that anyway.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay, that sounds good. I have been trying to bank some information on her so I can use it in court to make my case stronger against her. I am really worried about the lien I had on the car that I sold I was unware that it had a lean and I didn't even know what the was until recently.
For now I suggest that you just focus on suing her as quickly as possible.