Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I just bought a truck from a dealer in Quebec. I purchased

Customer Question

Hi. I just bought a truck from a dealer in Quebec. I purchased it on Monday afternoon April 11th. It is currently 5pm Wednesday on the 13th of April. I had the truck drive shaft snap on the 407 toll hiway in Ontario. I am stuck on the road waiting for service. My wife and I were almost hit by on coming vehicles.
I called and texted the dealer. They are trying to tell me I'm stuck with the truck. They will try to pay for repairs. He told me parts are 15$. Already spoke to my Machanic who said repairs will be in the thousands. What can I do under the Quebec laws?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 7 months ago.
I suggest that you send the dealer a letter by registered mail setting of the facts and provide them a deadline for replying to you in writing confirming that they will reimburse you for all the repairs needed or else if you want a refund agree that they will take the car back and give you a full refund.If they will not agree then your next step would be to either retain a lawyer to threaten a lawsuit or else commence a lawsuit on your own.You will be entitled to sue for any damages that you incur but even though you were in a position of great danger because you were not harmed you cannot sue for potential harm. I hope that helps as a starting point.