Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I own liquor store in Edmonton. My lease will expire in about

Customer Question

I own liquor store in Edmonton. My lease will expire in about two months. I have the opportunity to transfer my business within 500 hundred meters to a location owned by different landlord . I could save lot on my rent. I wonder if I need the consent of the present landlord to transfer my present permit to run the business .
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 7 months ago.
No, you do not need the consent of the landlord as your only relationship with the landlord was a landlord-tenant relationship and a landlord has no claim to your business. Let me know if you need any further clarification.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I wonder where you are located. If you are from Edmonton , can I get your contact information
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I wonder where you are located.If you are from Edmonton , I would appreciate to have your contact information.
I am not in Edmonton and in any event cannot provide you with contact information but if you need a lawyer in Edmonton then You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.The number is:1-***-***-****