Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Someone on welfare owes me money can I sue them garnish there

Customer Question

Someone on welfare owes me money can I sue them garnish there check
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: My ex owes me $4,000 because I paid for their legal fees on a court matter and I would like to collect my money back but they are on welfare
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: I'm interested in trying to collect what they owe i how can I force them to pay with a lawsuit
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 7 months ago.
What province are you in please? When you say Welfare do you mean governmental social assistance because they are not employed?