Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I have an organic makeup company . I have named the

Customer Question

I have an organic makeup company . I have named the foundations with the first name of actresses that I worked with on a fairly big show who's tones I emulated. I did so with their verbal permission. Then I named other products after friends... with their verbal permission .... using only first names ie Betty
I wanted then to put links to these individuals's websites etc to help promote their work but
Does this practice put me in danger of being sued for royalities or any other stuff.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  ratioscripta replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. What do you mean "put links" to these individual's websites? Do you mean on YOUR company's website? Or, on the product labels?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I mean if someone was an artist and they had a website we would put links to her website to support their art or endevour
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
On our site not out kabeks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Labels
Thank you for your reply. I have just noticed that you are in Canada, not USA. My apologies. I have to opt out and recategorize this to the Canada Law category.