Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

My name is***** was overdosed

Customer Question

Hi, My name is*****
My Mother was overdosed and killed in a Canadian hospital.
I have immense proof, including medical records in which the doctors themselves write that my Mother is overdosed on a opioid called Dilaudid, and shouldn't be given it anymore.
I need help filing a statement of claim. I need a lawyer to guide me through it.
Thank you.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Here is just one example of the doctor involved saying that our Mother shouldn't be given Dilaudid as it has a bad effect on her, and she lost her memory from it. She should only be given Tylenol or Ibuprofen he says. -Gulnar
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry for your loss. The lawyers on this site cannot draft pleadings nor review them. We can provide legal information.That means that we can answer all your questions relating to the law or the claim but not assist you with the actual drafting of the claim. It that will help let me know.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dear LegalEase,I am sorry, I don't want this. I want help with drafting the statement of claim.
That cannot be done through this site. I am sorry about that. You need your own lawyer to assist you unfortunately. If there is a strong case you may very well find that a lawyer will take this case on a contingency fee basis.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay, well thank you for your help.
But, you haven't helped me for filing a statement of claim.
So you can't charge me.
I don't charge anything. The site does and I don't work for the site. I just log in the way you do. You would have been charged already so please contact customer service and ask for a refund.