Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My husband got of fence theft under 5000 at walmart JA: The

Customer Question

My husband got of fence theft under 5000 at walmart
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Someone hit me in the side that day when I was parking
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: And he came out running in the phone
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: He doesn't speak English couldn't explain anything they wouldn't make me speak for him
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.
Are you saying your spouse was charged with shoplifting and the reason why this happened was he ran out with something he was going to buy because you were hit in the parking lot?If so did he tell this to the Walmart and the police?Is this his first charge?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He couldnt explain to the security of walmart becaause of English Also i trryed to explain but they wouldnt even listen by phone i wanted to ho explain but they called the police police gave him a paper to court it's offence no charge can you please explain whats the different we have a baby my husband is not a criminal please let me kn are they going to put him in jail
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He is never had charge in his life before
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They want him to get finger print THIN court
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He never RAn he was shock ed becaause i had baby in car he was worried about me
I am so sorry to hear that this has happened. Your spouse should plead not guilty. He and you can both testify at the trial and tell the truth. You also have proof because you can bring in your telephone. He had no intention of shoplifting but simply ran out because of the accident. He was not listened to as he could not speak English that well so no one would take the time to listen to him. When he goes to court he should speak to duty counsel. That is a lawyer there that is free and will help him. He can say that he will not plead guilty as he is not guilty. After this has been resolved he can apply to have his fingerprints destroyed. Does that help as a starting point.