Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I sold a holiday trailer to these people on a contract as

Customer Question

Hi I sold a holiday trailer to these people on a contract as stated in the bill of sale it's been almost 2 years and they have only made 2 payments as I want it back what can I do
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Sure what do you need
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: The purchase price was $4800 they paid $600 and haven't paid anything after that I still have the bill of sale I gave them and the terms of the sale
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.
What you can do is send them a demand letter by registered mail. In the letter set out the facts, and give them a deadline for paying you the full amount that they owe you. Tell them that if they fail to comply you will commence legal seeking and then will also be seeking interest and your costs. You will then be able to sue in Small Claims Court and self represent. If it gets that far and you find you need some help as you go through the process you can always post on the site again and I can assist you further.