Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I have currently provided a letter of resignation to my current employer. I have decided t

Customer Question

I have currently provided a letter of resignation to my current employer. I have decided to leave on my own accord. At the time I quit I did not have another position offered to me, however I do have an offer for a job working for a competitor. I was honest with my current employer and told him I was considering this and wanted to let him know. He mentioned that I should seek legal advice. Is there anything specific I need to be careful of if working for a competitor? I obviously don't want to take clients or provide details of job bidding and quotes to the competitor. I just want to do the right thing. I am writing this from Ontario Canada.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 10 months ago.
Did you sign a noncompetition agreement with your current employer?When your employer told you you she get legal advice what was the employer talking about? Did it sound like he was actually implicitly threatening you?