Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I was working as a "employee" of someone who payed me as a

Customer Question

i was working as a "employee" of someone who payed me as a subcontractor for a year and a half consistently. when i quit,my employer became paranoid because at one time i had keys to all the tool boxes work truck ect, and thought i had maid copies and planned to rob him, so he said he would only give me my cheque if i gave him a photo copy of my drivers licence and sin card, when i refused, he refused to pay me, i sent him a invoice in email and he even replied to it showing he read it but only answered posing the question asking if i knew where some tools where. i told him id like my pay for hours worked and MY property which he still has but he refuses to answer
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.
How much does he owe you?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
About $1400
You can send him a letter, by Registered Mail. In the letter set out the facts, explain how you get to the total he owes you.\ Then give him a deadline for paying you in full. Tell him if he fails to comply you will commence legal proceedings and then will be seeking interest and your costs. You can sue him in Small Claims Court and self-represent and if you find you need some help as you go through the process you can always post on this site again and I can assist you further.