How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 97400
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a fight with my wife on april 03 and called 911 and

Customer Question

I had a fight with my wife on april 03 and called 911 and police arrived and she was charged. On April 4th I went to the rcmp station to have them dropped and can I do this in Alberta
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 10 months ago.
You didn't charge your wife. The police did. So you can ask to have the charges dropped but that doesn't at all mean that they will. The police charged her because they had reasonable grounds for believing that an offence occurred and so they won't simply drop the charges at your request. But they will consider your wishes at least.I suggest you contact victim services for some assistance.

Related Canada Law Questions