Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I registered with '' in mid February 3 or

Customer Question

I registered with '' in mid February for a 3 or 14-day trial period for $1.00 with a limited pre-pay card [$25 or $50 limit] & now they come down on me saying I'm on the hook for $106.97 including 'administrative fees' & they threaten to take me to collections & to damage my credit history! They suggested a bank transfer to a bank in luxembourg? It sounds wrong!
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.
You don't owe the money. They are bluffing as they cannot retain a collection agency to go after you for this small amount of money. It would cost more than what you owe. And that means they cannot harm your credit rating. This sounds like a scam as there is no way you would be paying their fee through a bank transfer to Luxembourg. I suggest you simply block them and forget them. They are not worth your worry or time.