Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I have just received an invoice of parking

Customer Question

Hi..I have just received an invoice for payment of parking fines in Toronto. honestly dating back in July of 2015..and never had a mailing til this week..I do not live in Toronto and I have docmentation that I have either been at work or out of the country on the days of do address these charges and get them removed from my credit history..can I sue? They say I owe almost 1500.00...based on my license plate I said first time I have recieved anything fromprecise park link..what do I do to end this and correct credit rating?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.
What someone else driving your car?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just getting back to you I am working night shift. Our vehicle was not at the location stated on the invoice, in fact, I do not know where the claimed parking lot is. There is a phone number for office in Toronto, which opens tomorrow at 9am. What advise can you give to close this claim and not have any affect to my credit?
I suggest that you tell them you have never heard of this allege debt before. You can say that you were out of the country on the dates in question and your car was not used by anyone else and you can prove this and so you suggest they close their file as if they harm you in any way, including harming your credit rating, you will not hesitate to sue the for damages.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the advice I will call them tomorrow and hopefully can get this cleared up!
I sure hope so.If we are done please rate me so that I can receive credit for my work.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do not think I am done with this Precise Parklink invoice...OMG..I called Toronto office at 9ish this morning, after being up since 5pm, yesterday, only to be told Vancouver office handles disputes...good grief, can not sleep, so now 1pm and almost 24hrs since last sleep ----get in contact with Vacounver "Agent "1", who tells me that I need to file a grievence/dispute claim to prove innocence..REALLY>>they asked me if my licence plate number, which was on the invoice is a BMW, which is the vehicle type recorded on ticket.... of course I said no, it is not a BMW, but did not tell them what type of car the plates are licenced to and have only been licenced to since day 1 of driving off the dealers' lot. They said I needed to emailed photo of the invoice, which I did. It will be reviewed and then we may/need to confirm the "photo of the car/plate ticketed....good grief my licence plate is not or has it never been a BMW. I work 12hr continential shifts and can not be spending all my off time fighting my innocence of this issue..I am totally fustrated..can take 10 business days just to here back from the received email confirmation..I am 100% innocent of these accudatations and have a high pressure job that does not warrant this unneeded stress..what are my next steps?
Send them a letter by Registered Mail. Set out the facts and explain this is a case of their error and you will not continue to allow them to harass you. Tell them not to contact you again and if they do you will then consider your legal options. Send it to head office. Make it clear you did not own a BMW. Make it clear you were out of the country when the ticket was issued, clearly to someone else. If that doesn't help them have a lawyer send them a letter threatening a lawsuit.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will send to their Vancouver address, eventhough Toronto is also listed as head office, which I found out this morning that Vancouver seems to control everything, actually everything with this Precise parklink seems to be camouflage. I will advise when settled..
Please do but for now please rate me as I cannot get paid for my work until you do even though you paid the site. They need a positive rating from you before they release my portion of what you paid them.