Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Good afternoon, I am writing to make an inquiry, it

Customer Question

Hello good afternoon,
I am writing to make an inquiry, it is very urgent:
I am taking hospitality management. It is a 2 years Co-op program. It turns out that immigration has always given me permission from 6 to 8 months, so my last application to renew them was in February this year because the study permit and work on April 4, 2016 expires. as I will finish my first year of study, apply to renew the work permit in order to complete the second part of my program as it is a Co-Op. My surprise is that one week ago I had gotten confirmation that my permission was approved but today when I get the paper, says the same date April 4, 2016. I do not understand why it is the same expiration date if what I need is to extend it. I wonder what I did wrong and what should I do now? If I renew both rather than one or what is the next step?
Greetings, I hope your prompt response
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.
When you received confirmation that your application was approved what exactly did it say?