Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am helping an elderly lady neighbor who is Canadian and wants

Customer Question

I am helping an elderly lady neighbor who is Canadian and wants to return home in Ontario. She has been in U.S. since 2010, passport is expired and lost. What does she need to do to rectify this situation? She does have birth certificate and other legal documents, but no photo ID that I am aware of.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
She cannot enter with just a birth certificate but as you are appointed under the POA (I am helping you on your other post) you can apply for a passport for her now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are the steps required? Just apply? Can we go to a consulate in the S. Florida area. Hopefully Palm Bch. County, or in Ft. Lauderdale, Miami?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
You can do this online from the US. But that will take a few weeks longer.Read this:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/apply/new/apply-how.asp