How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 98463
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am helping an elderly lady neighbor who is Canadian and wants

Customer Question

I am helping an elderly lady neighbor who is Canadian and wants to return home in Ontario. She has been in U.S. since 2010, passport is expired and lost. What does she need to do to rectify this situation? She does have birth certificate and other legal documents, but no photo ID that I am aware of.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
She cannot enter with just a birth certificate but as you are appointed under the POA (I am helping you on your other post) you can apply for a passport for her now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are the steps required? Just apply? Can we go to a consulate in the S. Florida area. Hopefully Palm Bch. County, or in Ft. Lauderdale, Miami?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
You can do this online from the US. But that will take a few weeks longer.Read this:

Related Canada Law Questions