Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I had a Fine in NS 16 years ago. It still shows when I try

Customer Question

I had a Fine in NS 16 years ago. It still shows when I try to get my licence in Alberta. How long can this go on?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: It was a motor vehicle fine. The fine is still on the books and prevents me from renewing my licence.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.
It will go on until it is paid.I am sorry to have to tell you but there is no limitation period for fines. They do not expire and you will need to work out payment arrangements before you can get a licence.Let me know if you need any further clarification.