Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I have a 5 year contract with a company that states I need

Customer Question

I have a 5 year contract with a company that states I need to give 4 weeks notice. I did so and my boss decided to terminate my employment immediately. I've only been paid for one week. And I have 5 weeks holiday pay owing. No one will return my messages.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 months ago.

When is your next paycheque date?

Have you received a Record of Employment yet?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was supposed to be paid on March 24 and my next date is April 8. I have not received my ROE.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Head office is in TO, my place of employment is in Saskatchewan and I live in Alberta. It is difficult to talk to anyone face to face.

I suggest that you send head office a letter by Registered Mail. Set out the facts and state that you pay is now late and that you are entitled to the 4 weeks pay and the vacation pay and if it is not forthcoming, along with the ROE you will file a complaint with the Employment Standards Branch.

You can then file a complaint if they ignore you and you will be entitled to all this pay and will not have to pay to get it.

Does that help?