Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

I'm filling out the forms Entry as a Card holder and have a

Customer Question

Hi, I'm filling out the forms for Global Entry as a Green Card holder and have a question regarding how to answer one of their questions
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I really did not think that a form question warrants a lawyer and I have been filling this form for only the last 12 minutes
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: The question is "Have you ever been found in violation of immigration law" --- Back in 2004 I unknowingly used a visa that was not appropriate, and then did not visit the US again until 2009. In 2009 the immigration desk flagged me upon my arrival and alerted me to the issue, and I had to withdraw my application (as opposed to being removed, etc.), go to the embassy in my home country and re-apply for a visa, which I was granted
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.

Is this about entering Canada?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no, I did not see any indication on the site that this was Canada specific until I got the confirmation email. Ugh this is frustrating and misleading

The site covers all areas of law for many countries in the world. There is nothing misleading.

But your question is on the Canada law list.

What country are you asking about then? I will ask the site to move the question once I know this.