Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Actually i landed in quebec in the year 2012 and got my pr

Customer Question

Actually i landed in quebec in the year 2012 and got my pr for me and my kids and left canada and niw am living here since october. My pr will expire next year on may the eleventh how can i renew if i didnt continue the 730 days and what if while my pr is expired for me and for my kids something happened in my back home and need to go for a month or two . Thanks .
Am asking this coz we might be having my brothers wedding next year . For this year am leaving for a vacation at my back home so no problem all am asking is after the expiration. By the way i think that i lost my landing papers so how can i have them. Am a single mom with two kids alone here.
There is another thing that if i went from here to usa while my pr is expired , they will allow me into canada from the borders is it true what i ve heared
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.

You can apply to get new papers.

If your PR expires you could be refused re-entry or even if you are allowed back in you would likely be given a date by which you must leave and if you do not you would face a removal order.

To be able to renew your PR status you have to meet the residency requirements and if you can do that and then apply you could get travel documents if you are just waiting for your card to be renewed. But this is not available until you meet the requirements.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I asked about getting into canad from us borders u didnt answer it thnx
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I did answer. I said that you could be refused re-entry or you could be admitted but given a deadline to leave.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How can i apply to get new papers
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is there any posibility that the laws regulations of pr and citizrnship will be changed

The law always changes but it would not change in your favour but in the opposite way.

If you can stay in Canada now and make up the days you can apply as soon as you meet the requisite days.

So you can do that and be sure not to leave Canada once your PR status expires.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
U ve mentioned that u can apply fir new papers wt do u mean. And why u ve mentioned that these are not the final answers

I don't know what you mean but my answers are final answers.

If you stay in Canada and meet the requirements even if you are in Canada after your PR status expires you can then apply to renew your card. CIC only looks back for the past 5 years and not further so they don't look back until the time you landed.

So if it takes an extra year to get the days you can still apply so long as you meet the requirements in the 5 years immediately proceeding the application.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Oki good and another thing can i know exactly what are the requirements am googling but without any results tganks again

You have to be in Canada for a total of two years in the 5 year period.