Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am wondering about our family cabin that was willed to us

Customer Question

I am wondering about our family cabin that was willed to us by our parents who have passed away. Four siblings share the cabin. One wishes to be bought out. the others do not want to sell or buy their quarter. Stemming from this is the one wanting to sell not wanting part in maintenance and repairs. Fixing the roof, necessary repairs, not optional. How can this be handled or can the person be forced to pay.............i
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.
It is possible that you can sue the fourth person to get them to help maintain the cottage. However, at the same time it is very possible that this fourth person can obtain a court order from the court successfully for the sale of the cottage m. So, it may be best to simply do what you can to go buy this person out before this person is does start to get a court order for the sale of the cottage.I am very sorry that this is clearly not the answer you were hoping to hear but it is the most accurate and practical and realistic answered based on your facts.