Daniel Freudman, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
70961067

I got the summon says Fail to locate owner of unattended

Customer Question

I got the summon says Fail to locate owner of unattended vehicle. Contrary to section 160(1)of the traffic safety act.. Do i plea guilty or not?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 1 year ago.

We cannot provide you with legal advice on this site, only legal information. If you want the matter to be resolved quickly, then pleading guilty would almost certainly be the option to choose; however, pleading guilty would guarantee you a conviction (albeit only on a traffic offence rather than a criminal conviction) and would carry a fine and possible effects on your insurance. If you feel you did not commit the offence, or do not believe the Crown has the evidence to prove the charges beyond a reasonable doubt, then going to trial to fight it would be the better option.

Keep in mind that if you opt to fight it and the officer doesn't show up to court on that date, they prosecutor will likely drop the charges.

Hopefully my answer was of assistance. Would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive compensation for my services. Thank you.