Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I need help with Canadian Immigration queries.

Customer Question

Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I hold an Indian Passport. I have been granted my H1b approval for another 3 years and my current I797 H1b approval expires in July 2018. I have my US visa stamped from India on pervious occasions. I am wanting to get visa stamped from Canada this time. Which post in Canada do you think is more generous in granting US visa?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 7 months ago.

Are you asking about coming to Canada for a visit?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
US visa on my Indian passport is expired and I want to visit Canada and also get US visa stamped.

I can only answer you about visiting Canada. If this question is really about getting a visa for the US I will ask the site to move this to the correct category for you.

Should I ask for this to be moved to the US Immigration law list?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have a question before you move me to US Immigration law. Your answer is greatly appreciated.
I had heard that Canada refuses US visa to those whose education is not in the US. As a matter of fact I am currently pursuing my Masters in ESOL education in the US which will be completed end of this year. I would be getting the visa interview date last week of May. Do I need to carry an official letter of acceptance from Newman University from where I am pursuing my masters?
Canada immigration does not care about what your education is when you are coming for a visit.What they care about is that they do not want to take the risk of allowing someone to enter Canada who may not leave.What do you have to show is strong ties either to the US or to back home. You should bring any information you have that you can provide to show that you have these ties. This generally could include an employment contract, a deed to property or at lease, ties to family and community etc. You should also show that you have enough funds for the visit and if it all possible you should have a round-trip ticket to show. Does that help?